Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Truckload Tuesdays: Winning at Winners

Yes. I know. Three Truckload Tuesdays in three straight weeks. Needless to say, my wallet is not very happy with me right now. I'm imposing a "No Buy" after this. Swear. But hear me out.

See, after weeks and weeks of dropping by my local Winners in hopes I'll find more of the 7pc Color Club sets (I saw the Starry Temptress collection before), I've finally found not one, but TWO of the sets I've been looking for! Just when I've all but given up, too. Here they are:

Color Club Back to Boho Collection: Nomadic in Nude, Earthly Angel, New Bohemian, Shabby Drab, Rad Nomad, Red-ical Gypsy
Back to Boho Set A...

Color Club Foiled Collection: Foiled Me Once, Hot Like Lava, Cold Metal, Perfectly Mol-Ten, Antiquated, Lumin-icecent
...and Foiled!

This is easily the most polish I've purchased in one go. But at $12.99 for each set, it was a steal! Love that they included a top coat in one and a base coat in the other. Winners is really stepping up their game! I saw a whole bunch of the China Glaze Metallic Crackle polishes, as well as some Orly, Barielle, CK, Nicole by OPI, a full OPI shatter display, LA Colors sets and some other brands that I've never heard of. Price-wise they're pretty competitive, selling at around the same price as Sally Beauty. Winners keeps on winning!

Oh, if you're curious, I found all these at the Winners at Highway 7 and Woodbine. It's right beside Urban Planet/Home Depot. There's still 2 other Foiled sets but I think I might have gotten the last Back to Boho set (sorry..).

Must. Stop. Buying. Nail. Polish.

6 comments:

  1. LOL... this was your very last purchase before Peridot? What... there it is again... who said that...???! lol
    I'm so glad you got your hands on these!!! I agree with you the price really is unbeatable! The Back to Boho has one more set of a bit darker shades it was also very pretty but I passed it up.
    The BtoB set you bought... I can't stop wearing these colours... I literally keep switching from one to another and then again... I even did two guest posts with these colours so that I don't taint my blog and change it to chitchatbacktoboho...
    ps. I guess I can now comment on your blog during the day because my girls LOOOOOVe Hammie and watch him run the wheel, clean his little whiskered face and drink from the water... lol!!!! They are fascinated! And I get my comment time... Thank you Hammie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That voice sure is persistent, isn't it? ;) I will be looking for Peridot this weekend and if I find it, it's meant to be and shall be the exception to the rule.

    I was so excited to see these at Winners! I've been stalking my local store since you mentioned getting your set there. I didn't even see the other set. I might have gotten it for Nouveau Vintage, this pretty brown shimmer that (now that I think of it) looks a lot like Warm & Fozzie. I don't mind not seeing that set though as Foiled is 6 polishes that are perfect for stamping. :D The colors ARE amazing. I think this is one of the best Color Club sets that I've seen.

    Well, chitchatbacktoboho could be a spin off blog..you know, to let you go crazy with Back to Boho and all that. ;)

    I am so glad your girls enjoy watching Hammie! I'm sure he's enjoying all the fawning and if you give him treats, too, he'll be over the moon. :D Thanks so much, Marta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmigoodness, GREAT steal! I have GOT to get my hands on Back to Boho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Brittany! I do hope you find it. I'm sure you'll enjoy this collection very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing these for a month now even though they're the LAST THING that I need! Such a good bargain, though, that they're hard to resist. Maybe I can just enjoy them vicariously through you now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the rate I'm getting polishes, my wallet might force me to join you on your battle against temptation, Liz. ;) It was really too good a deal to pass up (even if I only really wanted maybe 2-3 out of the 6). Thanks for dropping by! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...