Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The First of Truckload Tuesdays

Hello, my name is Carmela. I'm a polish hoarder.

I guess we've now established that one of the major reasons Polished Indulgence was conceived involved some sort of justification for a nail polish compulsion. No, it really doesn't sound as horrible as I made it out to be. I like to think of it as a growing collection. Some people collect baseball cards and stamps. I collect nail polish. I'm relatively new to it too, starting in earnest only in March of this year. In six months, my 6 nail polish bottles grew to a family of 112. Yep. Those suckers multiply faster than hamsters! (Hammie says: Hey! I take offense to that!)

So what's all that got to do with Truckload Tuesdays? Well, I tend to get my polishes in bulk. By that, I mean I usually get 3-4 at least in one go. Horrible, I know. But they need friends; they get lonely. And the more, the merrier, right? :) So Truckload Tuesdays is where we'll come clean and showcase our latest finds. They'll also serve as a preview to future posts as I'll do individual, in depth reviews and swatches for each soon after. (Note that for Mr.J's sanity, these won't be weekly posts. That would be a bit much, don't you think?)

Here they are, the newest additions to the family:

Just in time for Halloween!

More photos (and a bit of justification to ease my conscience, lol) after the jump!

The 4pc China Glaze Haunting Set

My first two Nina Ultra Pro polishes in Ink-ling and Mossy Britches!

Orly Sweet Tart (It was a jelly. I couldn't resist.) and Orly Bonder base coat

In all honesty, I wasn't supposed to get any nail polishes this month. I already have 6 lovelies coming so I really shouldn't have gotten anything else. But I saw that Sally Beauty had Nina Ultra Pro polishes on sale this month and I've had my eye on Mossy Britches for a while now. Then I saw they had the 4pc China Glaze Haunting set for $14.99. I can't resist a good deal (nor can I resist a jelly polish. Or any polish. For very long.) and I figured I needed to get more use out of the Club Card I signed up for. (Heehee.)

I ended up picking up another Nina Ultra Pro polish and the Orly one. The Orly base coat was a necessity because my beloved Nail Tek II Foundation Base just hit the halfway mark from all the swatching and I've always wanted to try Orly Bonder (which was also a dollar off). I also picked up a pack of nail wheels that I didn't show in the photos.

The total for everything came out to about $43 CDN without taxes. Pricey, I know! And that's with the Club Card discount. But I had an ace up my sleeve: a $15 off $40 or more coupon that they gave out earlier this year. The total came down to $31.69, taxes in. So if I consider the nail wheels equivalent to one polish thus bringing my total to 9 polishes, each polish I bought comes out to $3.52 CDN, taxes in. Good deal? Great deal! 

Hammie says: Not bad at all, Carmela. Not bad at all.
What's the most you've spent on nail polish? Would you consider buying one brand over the other because it's on sale? How many polishes do you usually purchase in one go?

4 comments:

  1. China Glaze's It's Alive was the sole reason I got the 4pc set! It was a pleasant surprise that the orange one turned out pretty and I got to prank Mr.J with Ghoulish Glow. ;)

    I hope that doesn't keep you from looking anyway!

    Those are in the works. Great value for price on those, that much I can tell you now. :) Which ones do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! Especially China Glaze It's Alive - you know how it's my Holy Grail green. ;)

    These posts are going to be fun to look at and drool over. Might be dangerous for me, though.

    I'm looking forward to your review and swatches on Nina Ultra Pro polishes in particular. I only have 1 or 2 from that brand and have yet to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Nina Ultra Pro Emerald City and Molten Gold. I think that's it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I was looking at Emerald City, too. Molten Gold looked too much like Nubar Stardust to me so I skipped out on that one. I already have a post on a Nina Ultra Pro polish scheduled for next week. As much as I'd love to keep updating like crazy, sticking to a schedule allows me to get things done outside of keeping this blog up and running. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...