Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nail Art Wednesday: Special Birthday Nails Part 1, Pastel Skittle Nails

In our family, October is known as the birthday month with birthday dinners every week. It's always a lot of fun, family getting together and all that. Since each celebrant usually picks a different restaurant, it's also a great way to try some place new to add to the rotation. (Or they do a party at home!)This year, we're having one more birthday to celebrate: my niece, Alena, who's turning one on the 8th!


I did a skittles manicure in honor of the birthday girl in fun bright colors. I then stamped animals from the Konad S10 stamping plate in silver and added a holographic glitter layering polish as the final touch.

What I used:
Thumb: In the Mood Devious (cold color)
Index: Nicole by OPI City-Pretty Rose
Middle: Orly Snowcone
Ring: Revlon Garden (from the Spring 2011 mini set)
Pinky: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lemon Dash
Silver stamping polish: Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Pure Silver
Glitter polish: Sally Hansen New Lengths Ceramics in Silver Slightblade

More photos after the jump!

Pretty brights!

In natural light

With Flash
Look at that holo-rainbow glitter party on the thumb!

Pinky Up Close
If you can't tell, it's a bird. Or chick.

 
 Ring Up Close
This came out sloppy but I stamped it three times with the cat image.

Middle Up Close
Hammie says: I'm cuter than a panda.

 Index Up Close
Hammie's personal favorite: the bunny!

Thumb Up Close
To my frustration, it changed to the warm color while I was taking photos. That's the bear, by the way.

In the sun!

Do you have any nieces or nephews? Do you sometimes wish they could stay adorable babies forever (they grow up so fast!)? Would you wear a 'skittles manicure'?

8 comments:

  1. Konad S10 was actually my very first stamping plate. I had to have the cute animals! Thanks, Mary!

    I heard the birthday girl's been feeling under the weather lately. Hope she feels better by the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this really playful manicure! :) And that animal stamping plate is one of my favourites - so adorable. I really like the way you also added glitter on top - it gives this manicure even more of a party feel. :D

    And happy early birthday to Alena! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are! Very easy nail art; even a newbie can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panda = the best thing I've seen on nails.

    I've never considered stamping plates before, but they do look useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I recognize those nails anywhere.....and this entry just confirms it, Akim! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nooo, the hamster is out of the bag! Hahahaha! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss you too, Cutie Pie! See you on the weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...