Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Indulgent Intermission: The Nail Polish Tag

Okay, okay. I know what you're thinking. "It's Wednesday. That means it's Nail Art Wednesday. THIS isn't Nail Art Wednesday." Now, before you throw a full-fledged tantrum to make it clear that you're upset, give me a chance to explain. I ran out of scheduled posts. And all the photos for today's would-be post still needs to be weeded out, cropped and watermarked. *hangs head in shame* That being the case, I figured what better time to do this tag from Mary over at Swatch and Learn? (Something is always better than nothing, yeah?)

The way this works is I answer 10 questions that give you a chance to get to know me better (yay!) and I tag 5 other bloggers to do the same. I'll take a cue from Mary and tag everyone who reads this instead! You don't even need to be a blogger and you can even pick just the questions that speak to you.  

TAG, you're it! 

The 10 questions are as follows:
  1. How many polishes do you have?
  2. What is your favorite brand of nail polish?
  3. Do you like crackle nail polish, or do you hate it?
  4. What is your first nail polish brand?
  5. If you’re going to have a nail polish line, what are you gonna name it?
  6. What nail polish color does not complement you?
  7. What color does complement you?
  8. Who are two of your best nail art friends?
  9. What was the best nail polish gift you have ever received?
  10. Make a speech [about] thanking the blogger who tagged you.
 I'm definitely looking forward to your answers! :) Read mine after the jump!

#1: How many polishes do you have?
Not including duplicates (aka back ups), 203. With duplicates, 210. I'm a little shocked as I was still well under the 200 mark last I counted a couple months back. Eek.

#2: What is your favorite brand of nail polish?
One? Just one? I can't pick just one! I'll do a top 5 (in no particular order): Nubar (still among the most awesome duochromes/holo), Orly (value for money is top notch), Color Club (the only polish I can apply PERFECTLY even with my non-dominant left hand), Cult Nails (unique, insanely glossy one-coaters), NYC In a New York Minute (cheapie but goodies!). Trailing close behind are CND (I can see why the pros love it), OPI (a bit pricier but awesome variety and great brush), Rimmel (another brush crush) and Butter London (if only it was a bit cheaper!).

#3: Do you like crackle nail polish, or do you hate it?
In all honesty, I never liked it much but I don't hate it. Hate is too strong a word. Dislike, yes. Hate, no. I thought the original black crackle looked dirty and I only got my first crackle polish when OPI released the Silver Shatter with the Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Collection. That's the only way I'd wear it: silver crackle over murky pastels. I DID wear the black crackle I got with the China Glaze Haunting set once for my Halloween manicure.

#4: What is your first nail polish brand?
Ever? It was Maybelline Express Finish polish. I can't remember the exact name, but it was a shimmery dark purple. It was a one shot deal though because I never really sported polish after that phase. More recently, just before I got bitten by the bug, L'Oreal Trust Fund Baby was what started it all.

#5: If you’re going to have a nail polish line, what are you gonna name it?
Carmelaquer! Hahaha, narcissist much? Well, I thought it had a nice ring to it. I thought of using Polished Indulgence but that seemed like such a cop out, so Carmelaquer it is. The first line will be my answer to Nubar's Going Greener: Blue By You*, a collection of blue polishes in all sorts of finishes and formulas. (*If you didn't get the reference you're either not old enough or not a fan of Linda Ronstadt.)

#6: What nail polish color does not complement you?
Yellow and anything and everything that has too much of it. It makes my skin look sallow and altogether sickly. Not a surprise, then, that I only own 2 yellow polishes.

#7: What color does complement you?
Vampy shades! I love a great deep red, navy or purple. I don't wear them as often though as I like to change things up a lot. I guess that's the fickleness of my Gemini showing through.

#8: Who are two of your best nail art friends?
This one's easy: Mary from Swatch and Learn and Marta from Chit Chat Nails! These two ladies have been nothing but pure awesomeness since I've gotten to know them. I'm glad to be able to call both good friends. Mary is the fun and quirky freehand master with some of the most fun and unique nail art designs that you'll ever see. Her unwavering optimism and fun sense of humor brings about some of the most memorable nail art you'll ever see. Her Loch Ness nail art is still a fast fave! Marta is the stamper artiste extraordinaire. She comes up with all these great color combinations using designs that I wouldn't even know what to do with to create veritable nail masterpieces.

#9: What was the best nail polish gift you have ever received?
I thought I had a definitive answer to this but it turns out I don't. I feel it'd be unfair to single one out when I've been so blessed to have gotten some of the most amazing nail polish presents from different friends and family. Among them include a gorgeous holographic glitter by a brand called Chit Chat (not Marta's line, unfortunately!), the chameleon-like OPI Movin' Out, my first MAC polish: Vintage Vamp and the entire Nubar Prisms Collection. (You'll see more of the last two in an upcoming mega Truckload Tuesday!)

#10: Make a speech [about] thanking the blogger who tagged you.
Thanks for the tag, Mary! May the light you shine on others never dim; may your love for life ever be shown through your love for everything nail polish and may 2012 bring you more of everything good!

Okay, that was fun! Don't believe me? Go on, try it!

Hammie says: Your regular scheduled posts will resume on Friday. We apologize for any inconvenience/disappointment/annoyance this may have caused. But we sure are looking forward to reading your answers in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. This was a fun read Carmela!! We forgive you for no nail art today. Things happen ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carmela!

    YAY - you got the entire Nubar Prisms set? Awesome! You're going to go gaga over them, and so will the rest of us following your blog.

    Thank you for those heartfelt words - I consider you to be a very good friend, and I'm so glad to have gotten to know you. :) (We really should have a painting party one of these days!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had fun reading it, Marisa! Aww, shucks. And here I was quaking in my boots, scared I'll be stoned for not posting nail art. ;) Thanks so much for understanding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Do you have them too? So far, it's been my mom in law who's been playing with the different colors (of course she gets free manis from me, lol) as I still haven't taken off my New Year mano (still going strong at 7 days!). Surprisingly, she's really into holo and glitter. So I guess sparkle love transcends age, yeah? :D

    You're welcome, Mary. :) We so totally should! Then I wouldn't have to ship the perfume to you (and fear for it's fragile state in transit).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to let you know I gave you an award http://therockchicksrambles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this tag around! Will be doing it when I hit my nail polish inventory post. :)

    200+ is not bad for a polish blogger. You need to go to more warehouse sales. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to it! :)

    It is when you consider I only really started collecting 9 months ago. :P And I've since added more. A lot more. You'll see how bad in tomorrow's Truckload Tuesday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a few of them, but not all of the Prisms. Can't wait to see your haul! :P~~ I'll be the one over here drooling all over the place. (Please don't confuse me with the dog. :P)

    Ooohhhhhhhh...perfume? :)

    I just remembered your bottle of polish now. I'll try to mail it out to you this week. (Yikes...I forgot.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWW! I'm blushing... I could be mistaken for a tomato! ;)
    Thank you for the sweet words (and the feeling is mutual, I value your friendship a LOT).
    I have really enjoyed reading your answers :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. *huge grin* As long as you stay away from lobster territory, I think that's okay. ;)
    You're very welcome, Marta! Thank YOU! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...