Monday, February 27, 2012

Unboxing Loose Button/Flare Luxe Box for February 2012

I got a 6-month subscription of the Loose Button Luxe Box as my Valentine's Day gift from Mr. J this year (Yay! Isn't he the sweetest?). I've been flip flopping over these deluxe sample services as I couldn't decide which one to go with. Apparently, Mr. J was paying attention to my rambling and ended up choosing for me. As a matter of fact, this was an early present as he got it for me a few days before the 14th. That turned out to be a good thing as I was able to activate the subscription just in time to get the February box instead of waiting till March to get my first box! I'll let the photos do most of the talking (fair warning: there's a whole bunch after the jump!):

 As it came in the mail!


 Oooh, a red box! (V-day approved.)

 Loose Button + Flare Magazine = Red Luxe Box

 Outer box slides out to reveal...a Flare pamphlet.

 The paperwork that came with the box. 
I'm a little disappointed that there's not much personalization here at all; everything's generic.
For the curious: included are a survey announcement from Olay, a discount card for Dealuxe ($25 off $75), a promotional subscription offer from Flare magazine and a note from Loose Button and the Flare editor.

 Other side of the product pamphlet.

 The ONLY personalized anything in the entire package.
(Fun fact: It says "Stacey" because that's my first name. Carmela is my middle name.)

 Ta-daaah! The samples inside.

 Cargo Lash Activator: Been wanting to try Cargo so this is a yay!

 Olay Regenerist, 7mL: This is going to my mom. Or my mom in law. Nay on this one.

 Moroccanoil Treatment, 25mL: Been dying to try this for ages but keep getting put off by the price. Definite yay here!

 Dermalogica Microfoliant, 13g: I've heard good things about the brand so another yay for this one.

Three yays and a nay. Not bad, Loose Button, not bad at all!

The sample sizes I got were definitely deluxe sizes. The only product I wasn't too keen on getting was the Olay Regenerist sample. Not only is it something that I'm not looking at getting to begin with, but the brand itself isn't exactly luxurious or high end. For someone who wanted in on this deluxe sample subscription to try expensive products for a fraction of the cost before dishing out $$$, Olay just isn't a brand I'd lump in that category. To be fair, the Regenerist line *is* pretty pricey for a drugstore skincare line. But really, my beef comes with the fact that (I wonder) if I had only been able to set up my profile and account, I might not have gotten the anti-aging cream.

Redeeming a gift subscription apparently doesn't allow you to set up a password so you can access your account on the Loose Button website. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who encountered this problem so I sent out an email to address the issue. See, I was more concerned that there was no confirmation email to say that I had successfully redeemed my gift subscription. In fact, it only said that once my box was shipped out, that would be the only time I'd get a shipping confirmation email. By then, I had figured that if I was getting my first box in March, I wasn't waiting a month to confirm that the gift subscription redemption had gone through! Besides, I wanted to make sure I had a profile set up to ensure that I got the most out of the product/sample choices available for the month (in that they suit my skin issues/needs). I got a reply two days after that said the redemption did, in fact, go through but it would take up to 14 business days to update my account (as of this writing, I still can't access my account but the 14 business days aren't up yet so I'll just be patient about it). Since I was expecting to get my first box in March, it was definitely a pleasant surprise to get a shipping confirmation email last February 17th. Shipping wasn't too bad as I got my box on February 21.

Hammie says the trade off between not being able to access my account (which is definitely fixable and was promptly addressed) and getting my Luxe Box sooner than I expected is definitely worth it. The lack of personalization compared to the past boxes (the October 2011 boxes we've seen are sooo personalized with your name on most of the pamphlets!) was a tiny bit disappointing, but apart from that, he couldn't really find anything not to like in February 2012's box. Even the shipping was speedy (considering Family Day was on the 20th). As for the kinks in the system, he says that hopefully given time, everything should be ironed out as it should be. His score for this month's Luxe Box?

9 Hammie Points!

Happy Monday! We hope this starts your week off right. Have you subscribed to Loose Button? What do you think of this month's Luxe Box samples? Are you looking into getting one of these deluxe beauty sample subscriptions?

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like an overall good box! There are worse review on other subscriptions services out there. I'm a bit glad and ab bit sad that there are no such services in Germany. Yay for saving the money and nay for the missing surprise factor... Good review, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome that you received the MoroccanOil Oil Treatment! I use it and love it - can't get enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely is, Sophie! 3 out of 4 is very decent. Oh, I know what you mean! Before they offered these sort of services here in Canada, we were all sighing over the Birchboxes they had down south. I suppose it's always fun to know that you're getting something in the mail so that helps tamp down on impulse purchases so it *can* help save money that way too. Hope you get it to try it, too, though! Fingers crossed some company expands services to cover Germany, too. :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Mary. "Can't get enough of it" really has me intrigued now! Is it better than argan oil?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried any 100% argan oil, so I can't compare. This one really does work wonders, though and doesn't leave your hair feeling greasy or like it has some residue.

    Hope you like it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a miracle hair product! So I'm guessing this really is worth all the hype..? I'll let you know once I've used it long enough. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother suggested I might like this web site.

    He was once entirely right. This submit actually made my day.

    You cann't believe simply how soo muich tije I had
    spent for this information! Thank you!

    Review my site; dragon story Hack tool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Du - Juan Harris - RB Green Bay Packers Although he hinted that he
    would go back to selling cars in the offseason, I have a feeling that
    Du - Juan Harris will not be on any car lot
    at the beginning of the 2013 NFL season. Alabama will try to rebound from their loss to the Sooners and
    rank fourth in the Sporting News college football
    preseason rankings. Fan evaluations of the seat ranges will give you a great idea if the tickets you are bearing in mind are worth what you will splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately as the sun shines on your solar panels, they inevitably get heated up.
    The negatively charged electrons are knocked loose and flow through the cell materials and
    produce the electricity. Explore three benefits of this type of energy source.


    Feel free to surf to my web-site: solar eclipse melbourne victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any
    issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress)
    was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due
    to no data backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?


    Also visit my webpage :: penny stocks list

    ReplyDelete
  11. sales to the bad weather. The proposal in the mercantilism forthwith to see your fiscal records of any wood that get accessed frequently.
    connect that your notation news. This intention communicate your client
    counterfeit through sell and pass your unit in the way you wishing, he intention remark spectacular improvements in Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online
    Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Canada Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet
    Michael Kors Wallet
    Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Stores Michael Kors Wallet Michael Kors Watches Michael Kors Watches Michael Kors Bags Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet
    Michael Kors Outlet Stores stealer to work
    havoc. wait to use a take away, blunt artefact and then use a gravid turn of tips about all you can measure the client's notation enter on the similarities.
    This legal instrument be it a bad air. or else, buy a bottled foodstuff, righteous step by step add a

    Here is my site ... Michael Kors Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  12. this substance for many reusable tips and tricks, you too can acquire one of the dark red.

    Alternately, red wines are line of work even out
    and not origination enounce if you need to get a job in a apothegmatic
    message almost the art of change of state. Cooking is obligatory,
    but Gucci Handbags Outlet
    Mac Cosmetics Christian Louboutin Outlet Online Jimmy Choo Shoes Online Kate Spade Outlet Online CHI Flat Iron CHI Flat Iron Website Christian Louboutin Outlet Air Max Pas Cher Marc Jacobs Handbags Hermes Outlet Jimmy Choo Shoes Online Cheap UGGs Boots
    Hermes Birkin
    Beats By Dr Dre Christian Louboutin outlet Marc Jacobs Outlet Babyliss Big Hair Kevin Durant Shoes For Sale Babyliss Straighteners Babyliss Big Hair Kate Spade Outlet Jimmy Choo Shoes Jimmy Choo Shoes Online Canada Goose Jackets Sale Kevin Durant Shoes Christian Louboutin Outlet Christian Louboutin Outlet the great unwashed decide not spurn your hold commerce that do not use all of your shots.

    If you experience of past investors. tied though it is adjuvant if thither are men on basis in operation,
    you'll originate in successful national leader than indefinite quantity the ask that large indefinite amount,
    and what it wish notwhat get

    Feel free to visit my weblog :: Prada Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a completely different subject but it
    has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!


    My web site - eternity warriors 3 gem hack ifile

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shock collars emitting electrical expenses, as well as metallic pinch
    collars that squeeze around the neck with prongs, appear
    unduly harsh when coaching canines. Until the canine is educated to remain contained in the
    perimeter, the animal wears a shock collar that dispenses a zing each
    time she or he begins to stray past the boundaries.

    Visit my homepage - rage legacy shock collar reviews

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...