Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Indulgent Intermission with Joanne of Northern Nails

Why yes, we're turning dotty here at Polished Indulgence! Oh, goodness me. I hope you didn't think I meant the mad, eccentric sort, but, well, actual dots. With Carmela's new found fondness for polka dots, I'm fairly certain she's ecstatic with Joanne's take on them.

Joanne, whom we fondly call Jo, is someone we feel we'll be eternally grateful for. For starters, she snagged us our first Barry Ms (wahoo!) AND just the most coveted little bottle of polish called Fantasy Fire. Then, she comes to our rescue like a mind reader on a mission with this gorgeous take on the polka dotted design. Coincidence? We think not. Best of all, she's become such a great friend that we're so glad to have met. After seeing what awesomeness she has in store for us, do visit her at Northern Nails as this is only the tip of the iceberg!

--------------------------------------

Hi all! Well, the lovely Carmela asked me if I could do a guest post for her while she was on holidays , how could I let a fellow nail polish buddy down? Never! So here we go with what I hope is a good enough mani for you all! Hope you have a fab holiday, Carmela!

This mani is a favourite one with me, as I am pretty poor at freehand art, so I rely a lot on stamping or dotticures. Without further ado,here is my springtime dotticure.


For this mani I used:
Base: Power Basecoat
Base Colour: Two coats of Cutex, Sweet pea
Dots: Collection 2000, White
Topcoat: Rimmel Super Dry


I love this shade of green (actually I am a sucker for any green) but this muted pea green is yummy; it applied opaque in two coats with no streaking.


Next, I used the Collection 2000, white to dot random dots on my nails and topped off with a topcoat, I really like how this turned out and reminds me of some kind of mushroom, maybe one you might find Tinkerbell sitting on, then I remembered a Tinkerbell that I have what do you think?



Hope you all enjoyed my springtime Mani!

--------------------------------------

This is lovely, Jo! That military-esque green reminds me a bit of Fingerpaints Military Green but a whole lot richer and more vibrant. Doing the dots in white certainly led to a spring-time feel! Now while this humble lady freely admits that her freehand work *might* need more practice, her stamping skills are pretty topnotch! Trust this hamster when he says you need to check out her other designs over at Northern Nails!

5 comments:

  1. Thankyou so much for your lovely comments and it was a honour to do this , I think it was a coincidence with the dots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the dots I say. Though Jo and I live on opposite ends of the pond, we can still proudly say "great minds think alike".
    This forest green is such a lovely rich colour :) very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Joanne!! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne, I love this and that green is beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your polka-dot manicure is so flirty, Joanne. Love your colour combination - very fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...