Subtle but with enough oomph to pack a punch.
What I Used:
Pale blue foil: Color Club Lumin-icent
Pale pink foil: Color Club Foil Me Once
Green foil: Color Club Perfect Mol-ten
Gold foil: Orly Luxe
Black stamping polish: Wet N Wild Ebony Hates Chris
Design: Bundlemonster plate #223 (full nail zebra pattern)
How I Did It:
1. After applying a base coat to prime your nails (I used Orly Bonder), paint one thin coat of the blue foil, Lumin-icent.
2. Using the pink foil, Foil Me Once, paint the nails with another thin coat but leaving 1/4 of the blue showing on top.
3. With the gold foil, Luxe, do the same as the pink foil but this time, paint only 1/2 of the nail.
4. Lastly, layer the green foil, Perfect Mol-ten, and paint another thin layer just on the lower 1/4 part of the nail tips.
5. I added a layer of Nubar Opulent Pearl to add some flakies to the mix but you can barely see them with the shine from the foil finish. This layer is meant to consolidate all the foil layers prior to stamping.
6.Using your black stamping polish, stamp on the zebra pattern from BM plate #223. Don't forget to clean the edges!
Top it all off with some top coat to seal in the stamped design as well as for extra shine and there you have your rainbow zebra patterned nails!
In all its glittery awesomeness.
I found this dog plushie with a zebra pattern...
...so of course I had to pose with it!
Zebras and daisies, anyone?
Green wasn't the best background as the tips blended into it!
This turned out to be such a fun manicure! I'm definitely revisiting this next summer. Just imagining all that sparkle and shine under the sun is making me giddy!
Hammie asks: Do you prefer subtle or high contrast color combinations? Wouldn't it be cool if there really were rainbow zebras? What's your favorite animal print (please say hamster)?